- Collection of Your Personal Information. Depending on whether you are using the Services as a Provider, Recipient and/or Third Party Recipient, you may be required to register for an account (an “Account”) through the Site (an “Account Holder”) and/or only provide your email address so that Providers can provide you with their Provider Data. You may register for an Account by (a) providing certain personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) such as, and as applicable, your name, e-mail address, telephone number, and/or credit card information, or (b) by allowing us to access your name and other profile information through an existing account you may have on Google (your “Google Account”). It is your responsibility to give us current, complete, truthful and accurate information, including Personal Information, and to keep such information up to date. We will not be responsible for any problems or liability related to inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information, whether due to your failure to update such Personal Information or otherwise. If you register for an Account through the use of your Google Account, you will allow us to use such information connected with your Google Account, including, but not limited to, your first name, your Google Account user profile picture, and the networks to which you belong (if shared by Google) (collectively, your “Submitted Information”). In addition to the Personal Information and Submitted Information, we may additionally collect the following information from Users (collectively with Personal Information and Submitted Information, the “Information”): (i) information from publicly accessible sources, such as blogs and comments from other Users; (ii) your visit to or use of the Site and Services, such as webpages and Provider Data viewed, links clicked and other similar navigation action in connection with the Site; and (iii) certain standard browser information, such as your browser type, IP address, and access times.
In using and/or accessing the Services, you expressly authorize us to collect and use your Information in connection with the Services. You further acknowledge and agree that we may, but are not obligated to, maintain copies of your Information indefinitely, or delete any or all Information, at our sole discretion. When you receive promotional e-mails or newsletters from Up Advisors, if any, we may use customized links or similar technologies to determine whether such newsletters or e-mail has been opened and which links you click. This information is used to provide You more focused e-mail communications and/or other information.
- Disclosing of Your Personal Information to Third Parties.
- We may hire other companies to provide limited administrative and communication services on our behalf, such as hosting Sites, the processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, or providing credit card processing services. We have the right to disclose your Personal Information to these third party companies for the purpose of administering and maintaining the Site’s features, functions and operations. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only such Personal Information as necessary for them to deliver the respective services, and we do not authorize these companies to use your Personal Information except for the sole purpose of providing those services requested by Up Advisors.
- You understand and agree that we may access and/or disclose Personal Information about you and/or your Account without your prior consent if we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) comply with legal process or other legal requirements of any governmental authority; (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Up Advisors (including the enforcement of our agreements); (iii) enforce the Terms of Service; (v) operate or conduct maintenance and repair of the Site or equipment as authorized by law; (vi) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or members of the public; or (v) comply with a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, transfer of control, joint venture of other business combination. We are not required to question or contest the validity of any search warrant, subpoena or other similar governmental request that we receive.
- Use of Aggregated Data. We may support the Site and the Service by selling (if applicable) or using non-personal information (e.g. data that does not personally identify you or your Recipient or Third Party Recipient, such as general information from your Provider Data, as applicable, or Personal Information which is aggregated and reformatted into an irreversible non-personal information form) compiled from data from your Submitted Content, including your Provider Data (if applicable) to third parties, and by accessing the Services, you acknowledge, understand and agree to such use.
- Security of Your Personal Information. The Personal Information we collect is securely stored within our database, and we use standard, industry-wide practices such as firewalls, encryption, and (in certain areas) Secure Socket Layers (“SSL”) for protecting your information. However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to Up Advisors over the Internet. We recommend that you not disclose your password to anyone.
- Collection and Use of Children's Personal Information. The Site and the Services are intended for general audiences, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children.
- Information Collected Automatically.
- In addition, we may use third party analytics providers and products to obtain, compile and analyze Information about how Users are using and interacting with the Site, Up Advisors and/or the Services. We may provide Information to these analytics providers for the purpose of obtaining statistics and other information about how users are using and interacting with Up Advisors. These analytics providers may use a variety of established or new tracking technologies or tools (including, without limitation, cookies, web beacons, HTTP cache, local shared objects and persistent identifiers) to recognize your computer or device and/or to collect or compile this information. Up Advisors has no control over the technologies, tools or practices of the third parties that providing analytics products and services to Up Advisors.
- E-mail Communications. Upon registration for an Account or using the Services, we may send you daily or weekly e-mails. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please notify us by e-mail at email@example.com and include sufficient information for us to identify your account, including your name, email address and the specifics of your request. However, after you unsubscribe to cease receiving e-mails, we may still contact you via e-mail for administrative or informational purposes, including messages regarding your Provider Data, the administration of your account and/or any services or events to which you have registered.